51_Dealing with Disruptive Behaviors: Cultivating a Culture That Allows People to Fall Back in Love with Their Job Sonia Rhodes and Dr. Renee Thompson
There has been an uptick of bad behavior in the workplace. While bullying, lack of civility and respect, and conflict have always been there, a global pandemic has just exacerbated it.
Sonia Rhodes and Dr. Renee Thompson share strategies for how to build a strong culture that creates a great experience for patients, employees, and coworkers. They say culture and employee experience will not only allow us to attract and keep the best and brightest, it will allow us to provide the best clinical outcomes, as well as achieve our financial and operational goals.
· How to build a culture by design, not by default
· Why getting intentional about the kind of workplace you want is the key
· Why a high performer who behaves badly is really a low performer
· Why leaders might ignore bad behavior and why that’s so dangerous
· Why naming bad behaviors is key to helping the team confront them
· How to create a self-regulating culture where every single colleague understands what right looks like and becomes an ambassador for how to make things better
· How culture and experience drive all other success
· Practical strategies for approaching employees who are having a difficult time complying with the rules
Sonia Rhodes is the founder and CEO of The Experience Lab—an incubator of ideas and an accelerator of action—bringing Experience design and cultural transformation principles to the healthcare industry. The Experience Lab partners with visionary healthcare systems and executives to imagine, design, and bring to life a new kind of healthcare Experience for team members, providers, patients, and guests and is home to The Inside Out National Experience Transformation Collaborative. Sonia is a pioneer in the realm of healthcare Experience Design, leading the way in the industry for more than 20 years. At Sharp HealthCare, a San Diego, CA-based not-for-profit health system, she was the nation’s first health system executive to lead organizational Experience transformation.
As an international speaker and consultant, Renee Thompson, DNP, RN, CSP, tackles the professional challenges facing healthcare leaders today. With 31 years of experience as a clinical nurse, nurse educator, and nurse executive, Dr. Thompson is an internationally recognized expert on creating a healthy workforce by eradicating workplace bullying and incivility. She is the CEO and founder of the Healthy Workforce Institute and works with healthcare organizations to cultivate a professional workforce. Renee is one of only 26 nurses in the world who have achieved the prestigious certified speaking professional designation, and in 2018 was recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top 10 Voices in Healthcare for her contribution to their global online healthcare community.
To learn more about the RYTO Conference, click HERE.