54_How Aramark Healthcare+ Made Caring Part of Its DNA with Bart Kaericher
The team at Aramark Healthcare+, which provides food, facilities, and uniform services to healthcare organizations, knows that vision statements are more than just words. They’ve figured out how to operationalize theirs—“Together we serve. We solve. We strengthen.”—to create a culture of caring, empowered employees and make patients’ lives better.
This week’s guest is Bart Kaericher, President and CEO of Aramark Healthcare+. He talks about how they shift their employees’ mindset to remind them of the bigger picture and the role they play in the healing process (e.g., “food is medicine” and “by creating a clean environment, we keep patients safe”). A few of the things you’ll learn in this podcast:
· How Aramark employees serve as true partners with clinical staff, anticipating and solving problems before patients hit the call button
· How the company brings its “serve, solve, strengthen” statement to life
· How Aramark’s culture inspires and empowers employees to innovate using their heart and their common sense……and how that freedom and flexibility leads to “magic moments” and creates amazing patient experiences
· Facetime counts: why spending so much time on the road and with frontline employees not only helps him learn but reenergizes and replenishes him
· How to learn and harvest best practices from vendors and different industries and scale them throughout your organization
· Creative ways Aramark leverages its “food as medicine” philosophy to create happier, healthier caregivers
Bart Kaericher is the president and CEO of Aramark’s Healthcare+ division. Before joining Aramark in 2021, Kaericher served as senior vice president of sales & marketing, retention & strategic partnerships for Morrison and Crothall, divisions of Compass Group, NAD. While at Compass, he played an instrumental role in driving new business and building a culture focused on healthy growth. Kaericher also served as sales leader & architect on several prominent account wins and led strategic retention efforts. Prior to his tenure with Compass Group, NAD, Kaericher worked for more than a decade at B. Braun Medical Inc.
Kaericher holds an MBA in pharmaceutical & healthcare marketing from Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, PA, and a BS in business from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. He has also completed Cornell University’s Executive Healthcare Leadership Certificate online program.